Holiday Round Up
In my end of term assembly, I talked about my five top tips (reading, drawing, baking, gardenng and writing a diary) for the holiday period and thanks to those of you who have already sent in examples.
Please read on to find out what children have been up to:
- Roisin and Annalise have been busy sowing seeds... the children love looking at their little pots each day to see how much progress they’ve made overnight. It’s amazing the time we can now give to the little things!
- Aryaan M has started his own diary, he made it from card and paper and decorated the front cover. He is planning on doing a family tree, a dinner menu for a week and writing a story of going for a play date to his friend's house. Great ideas to keep his days occupied.
- Fred has been using his holiday time to increase his knowledge of space.
- Edward W has enjoyed a walk in Cawston spinney; helped to re-lay the path in front garden and made a cardboard crocodile. He has also been inspired by Indiana Jones to hunt for fossils and dinosaur bones in the gardens.
- Charlie and Alfie have had a lovely relaxing Easter. They have been on lots of walks, and found a local nature reserve and have managed to find a few frogs and fish and secret hidden dens. We baked Easter biscuits and made Easter cards to post to our family and even tried (unsuccessfully) to make their own Easter eggs. We have made the most of the weather with water fights! The boys miss their friends, but we have made the most of video calling where we can. We are not natural gardeners but have planted a few bulbs and decorated our front garden with our crafts so people have things to look at when they are walking past.
- Alice has planted some seeds and is looking forward to watching them grow.
- Alex B has learnt to ride his bike without stabilisers over the holiday and is very proud. We have been going on daily bike rides and he has been enjoying the freedom of riding with his big brother and sister Alyssa! We have also been enjoying puzzles and colouring a huge world map.
- Joseph, Amelia and Samuel have been gardening over the holidays and have painted plant pots!